We Are Now Hiring! Danio Lab Aquatics Technician I
Do you have a passion for aquatic animals and customer service? Do you like to travel regularly? Do you get satisfaction from a job well done with a smile at the end of each day? Boston based biotech services/supply company with worldwide sales of research equipment for aquatic species is hiring for its technical service team. The aquatics technician will perform service visits mainly in and around Boston/New England area. Some travel to mid-Atlantic region with domestic/international opportunities as well. In addition to maintenance and service, technician will fabricate and install filtration and monitoring systems for laboratory aquatics holding equipment. We are seeking smart, dynamic individuals who wish to work in a varied and fast-paced setting locally and abroad.
- Daily travel to client research facilities for maintenance and service visits.
- Perform maintenance and service on dosing, monitoring, and filtration components.
- Daily record keeping of service visits.
- Technician will maintain clean professional image of company while at client research facilities and follow best practices regarding bio-security, human safety and animal welfare.
- Fabricate piping, pumping systems, filtration modules to exact engineering specifications.
- Must be able to work well with hands, read blue print drawings, and follow directions accurately.
- Detail oriented individual who can work efficiently and think quickly.
- Experience/knowledge in aquatic husbandry, aquaculture, aquariums, marine biology.
- College/University Degree a plus but not required.
- Must be familiar with most hand tools; be able to read blueprints/engineering drawings.
- Must have good communication skills, a team player personality, and be adaptable to change with a positive attitude. Must be punctual and dependable.
Monday - Friday 7:30-4:00.
Possible overtime and ability to travel frequently for several days at a time.
Competitive Compensation, Generous PTO (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave), Travel Perks, Health/Medical Reimbursement
Depending on Experience
Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to perform a mixture of bending, squatting, kneeling, and standing for the shift. Must be able to wear respirator when needed and have no breathing difficulties. Must be comfortable working in rubber gloves.
Candidate must be a US citizen with valid passport - Must have clean driving record - Equal OpportunityEmployer
Respond with resume "Aquatics Technician I" to email@example.com